Friday 23 January 2009

Having gone once again into the city of Birmingham I did not yet get a connection from my camcorder into my laptop, but now I do know where some of the computer and camcorder shops are. I did learn: I do have a firewire I will have to connect and a simple USB connection will not do me any good. I would have to get a new port which I can add by buying a PC card. Furthermore my computer will accept a Type II PC Card and I also found the PC Card slot. Got it? So my next step will be to go back to the last shop in the - oh, I forgot the name of the street - and get me such a card and hope that it will work. The card alone will cost around 27 Pounds. But that will be money well spent when and if it works. I could take my laptop to the shop, but I would like to fix this by myself and the laptop has a weight of I think 3 and a half kilos so I do not really want to drag it with me down town. The bus was very friendly to me today and was on time too. There is so much SALE down town, luckily I am too lazy to go and try on clothes, but I did use the trip to get me some more food to store away. I do start to wonder: I am a food hoarder?

6 comments:

Doug The Una said...

Do what now?

Incidentally, as the pound crashes I've seen people referring to London as Reykjavik-on-Thames. I thought you might appreciate.

Biene said...

Yes, I do love that! We are getting famous!

Biene said...

Do what, eat?

Biene said...

The pound crashes?? That is nice for me! More food for my Icelandic money!

Doug The Una said...

Right, if an Icelander has to live abroad, you are in the right place. There or Hungary.

Minka said...

Mom, time for a new topic...I mean really. If I hea rbaout another plug in, I am gonna dis-connect :)
you have become such a gadget freak!